Saturday, January 16, 2010

Otra vez mas

I'm a month out from going to Buenos Aires, Argentina. I leave February 13th and won't be back in the states until June 15th. That will be the longest I've ever been away from home and without seeing family. In trying to get ready I don't think I've really realized how hard that will be. I think what has helped is that I am going down with my aunt and uncle. Also, I'm going to be with a group of kids as a part of my study abroad program.

Since I have a little extra time before I start my program I am going up to Chicago and then down to Memphis to visit some folks. On the way back home I'm going to stop in St. Louis and Columbia. I'm mostly packed for that, I hope the bus ride to Chicago is tolerable. I'll just pretend like I'm back in Spain on a bus there. Why is it that mass transit here seems scarier to me than mass transit in a foreign country? I don't see why that should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment